When your folks say, and you have noted down you should take enough calcium from vegetables then here is the question how to get enough Calcium Rich Food Vegan from plants. On the other hand, if you are saying that you should skip your calcium intake due to non-availability of calcium source than it is wrong. Indian people never take milk and milk containing the product, but on the other hand, milk is the most abundant source of calcium. That’s why I am writing The Ultimate Guide to Calcium Rich Food Vegan.
Calcium is the primary mineral that our body needs to maintain bones and skeletal of the body. Especially woman if she cannot get enough calcium from her diet daily than in future she should never think that she has healthy bone mass and teeth ratio. You should take half of the daily calcium requirement means if your calcium requirement is 1000mg take at least 600mg calcium per day and also increase if you have good food choices.
It is a very wrong choice that if you are vegan or not take animal base food than should never fulfill your calcium requirement. Many vegan sources are available that are rich with calcium and complete your need. Try to change your daily diet with high calcium vegan food from the lower one. Measure the amount of calcium from food that you are eating and convert this food from high calcium vegan ones. Studies show that Indian people consume less calcium through dying that’s why they are nearer to get calcium deficiency and its related diseases.
Tips to Meet your Calcium Needs
- Aims to add two to three servings of calcium: such as plant-based food, soy milk, green leafy vegetables, almonds, and broccoli is calcium-rich food. You should add this as a Calcium-rich food Vegan.
- Consider taking calcium-rich vegetables among all other: take that vegetable in your diet that is rich with all minerals as well as calcium.
- Prefer more and more calcium food as compare to lower: read the label of the product and also keep your choices in mind and pick that one which has a high calcium amount.
This article is about Calcium Rich Food Vegan and also mention vegan sources for calcium and even the amount of calcium in all vegan sources.
Also Read: Cherry Benefits And Side Effects?
Recommended Dietary Allowance of Calcium
For vegan people, RDI of calcium is here for each age group according to their needs.
- Infant 200mg-260mg
- Children 700mg-1000mg
- Male 1000mg-1300mg
- Female 1000mg-1300mg
- Pregnancy 1000mg-1500mg
- Lactation 1000mg-1400mg
Top 5 Calcium Rich Food Vegan Infographic Way
Vegan Calcium Sources
Vegan diet never means you should only eat vegetables it means you should take all plant-based food except animal sources either it is bread, cereals, plant-based milk, and many other foods.
- Kale: 1 cup has 180mg calcium
- Fortified non-dairy milk: 1 cup has 250-300mg calcium
- Blackstrap molasses: 400mg in 2tbsp
- Green turnip: 1 cup contain 250mg.
- Tempeh: 1 cup has 300mg.
- Collard green: 1 cup has above 350mg.
- Hemp milk: 500mg in 1 cup
- Amaranth: 1 cups has 275mg
- Fortified orange juice: 350mg in 1 cup
- Roasted sesame seed: 1oz. has 35mg
- Tahini: 2 tbsp. has 150mg
- Artichoke: 1 medium size has 60mg.
- Dates: 1\2 cup has 40mg
- Soybeans: 180mg in 1 cup
- Broccoli: 1 cup contain 100mg
- Raw fennel: 1 medium bulb has 95mg
- Blackberries: 50 mg in 1 cup
- Dried apricot:
- 1\2 cup has 45mg.
- Blackcurrants: 1 cup has 62mg
- Navy beans: 1 cup has 125mg.
- Adzuki beans: 75mg in 1 cup
Vegetarian Calcium Food Sources
- Milk and low-fat milk: 1 cup has 310mg
- Cheese Swiss: 225mg in 1 ounce
- Vanilla ice-cream: 1\2 cup has 84mg
- Cottage cheese low fat: 3\4 cup has 105mg
- Cream cheese: 28mg in 2tbsp
- Refrigerated chocolate pudding: 4 ounce has 60mg
Here is the vegan food list that every Indian eat and all has high calcium content. Replace your choices with above-mentioning food according to your needs and sources to get good skeletal and bones ratio.
Calcium Rich Food Vegan Simple Menus (above 1000mg Calcium)
Here is the simple meal planning that contains 1000mg calcium per day and good for vegan people.
- Cindy’s light and fluffy pancake (200mg calcium)
- 1 cup fortified soy milk (300mg calcium)
- One slice whole wheat bread
- Tropical fruit smoothie one serving (102mg calcium)
- Medium bagel toast with 2 tbsp. almond butter (250mg)
- No bake energy ball (85mg)
- Orange cake with orange icing ( 170mg)
- 1 serving pita bread with hummus + 6 dried figs (82mg)
- 1\4 cup almonds (94mg)
- Mini pizza one serving (240mg)
- 1 serving cream spinach (125mg)
- Spicy black beans soup (300mg)
- Kathy individual BBQ tempeh bowl(250mg)
- Lemon rice soup one serving (82mg)
- One tofu squash burger (140mg)
- steamed broccoli 1 cup (62mg)
- Chocolate pudding one serving (92mg).
- Green salad tan, green dressing one serving (30mg)
- Chocolate pudding one serving (92mg).
- Tofu quiche with spinach and broccoli (450mg)
- Green bean caser oil (150mg)
It is all about Calcium rich food Vegan if you want to get stronger bones and good teeth in later life than try to add more calcium in your day and maintain its amount. Keep in mind with increasing age calcium disposition get depleted with time. In adulthood add at least 1000mg calcium in your diet per day. Vegan is also one of the excellent calcium sources if you want to eat above mentioning food list and meal plan for gaining calcium.
My Self Md Muneeb Khan, Founder of this CureOutlet website and a Graphic Designer, and Part-time Blogger. Who love to write articles on Health related issues and some other Projects apart from this Website.